Community

Tips & Guides BEST NO-WAR: PETS
Auraenys SUPPORTER 2019-10-04 16:19
Views 174 Comments 0
# 1

Continuing the NO-WAR Series. Below is 1 of the most essential items you can buy from the pearl shop. They are both cosmetic and functional.

 

Pets are in-game companions that travel with you in your adventures throughout the world of Black Desert. The main purpose of a pet is to pick up loot for you (other than look cute), if you're like me, who got the package with 1 free pet and thought that was enough, I was so wrong.

 

You can collect as many pets as you want, but can only have 5 active at a time, which you can also bind to a call-out group, so you dont have to summon them 1 by 1. The secondary purpose of pets is to provide a boost via their Skills and Special skills (Talents). All Pets have 1 Special skill and up-to 4 skills (1 per Tier, Max Tier 4).

 

 

PET TYPES
There are currently 4 Types of Pets in Black Desert, except Wizard Gosphy who doesn't fall into any type.



EVENT - Pets acquired by doing in-game events. I personally only have 1, Kuku which has same Special skills as the Bird Pets (Premium).


CLASSIC - The Cheapest pets available in the pearl shop (220 Pearls). There is no difference in skills with the other types.


PREMIUM - Premium pets are slightly more expensive (270 Pearls). Similar skills with other types of pets.


LIMITED - Same price as Premium pets. Only difference is these pets are mostly, only available in a package, or within a time-frame. They also look different than the other pets. Skills are the same with Classic and Premium, but with Extra Special Skills.

 

PET SKILLS


NORMAL SKILLS
Normal skills are skills that give your character a boost. All pets have 1 skill (other than the Special skills) by default, and acquires their 2nd skill at Tier 1 level 10. Tier 2 pets also have 2 skills, Tier 3 has 3 skills, and Tier 4 has 4.


SPECIAL SKILLS (TALENTS)

Pet special skills come with the pets appearance. If you exchange (combine) pets, the appearance you choose will also decide the special skill of the new pet (more on this later). Some pets also have an additional special skill - the owl picks up items at a greater range.


Hostility Detection


Finds Resources


Taunt Monster


Finds Rare Monsters


EXTRA SPECIAL SKILLS
These skills are found on unique looking pets that are either Premium or Limited. These skills include:
Resistance to Heatstroke and Hypothermia
Auto-fishing Time Decrease
Gathering Amount Increase

 

PET EXCHANGE (COMBINATION)
All pets by default start at Tier 1. By combining them together, you can increase the Tier, also increasing the max number of skills upto 4 at Tier 4.


Pet 1 - The pet that you want to keep, it will retain appearance and Special Skill (Auto-Fish, Gather Increase, etc)
Pet 2 - Fodder pet. This pet will disappear after the exchange along with its Special Skill.
Appearance - By Default you get the appearance of Pet 1, but you can choose the appearance of either Pet 1 or Pet 2. The Appearance you DO NOT choose will disappear.
Skill - Skills will be random if you do not select them. You can select skills from either pet regardless of the appearance you choose.
Tier Increase - Combining 2 Tier 1 Pets gives you 55% chance of getting Tier 3, and 45% chance of getting Tier 2, personally I mostly get Tier 3, except on one occasion. You can combine Tier 3 and Tier 1 to get a Tier 4 at a smaller percentage chance.


TIP: I prefer to combine them when both are level 10 so you can select the skill if ever you want to keep them. 2nd skill is learned at once you reach level 10.

 

LEVELING YOUR PET
Pets gain experience everytime you feed them. The more you use your pet the more you need to feed them. I use Good Feed. It's the cheapest feed that you can cook.


TIP: When leveling a pet, make sure it's on all your pet groups, and put it's Pet Command on Agile.

 

PET COMMANDS
Pet activity can be set or toggled on and off. The more agile the pet, the higher it's stats will be, but it well get hungrier faster.


Red - Agile
Yellow - Average
Green - Cautious
Orange - Stay
Blue - Follow
Purple - Toggle Special Skill On/Off
Pink - Toggle Fetch On/Off

 

CALL-OUT GROUP

You can group your pets so you can summon them per group, rather than 1 by 1. The recent update (Oct 8, 2019) added to new sets making a total of 5 call-out groups compared to the old 3. You can also reset all the groupings at once by clicking RESET GROUP.

 

OLD CALL-OUT GROUP

 

NEW CALL-OUT GROUP

 

NOTE: By the time of posting, there is currently an ongoing SALE on all items on the PET tab in the pearl shop. 30% discount on all prices. Promo until Oct 8, 2019.

 

UPDATE:

Tears of the Golden Hedgehod Pack Sale! Include the Limited Golden Hedgehog and much more. Available until Oct 23, 2019 for discounted price of 480 pearls.

 

 

2019-10-04

Character Name Auraenys SUPPORTER
Main Character Dark Knight
Lv61
# 2

Nice guide. Very useful. You should do more. 

2019-10-04

Character Name MimiCrowe
Main Character Ranger
Lv61
# 3

Thanks Crowe! I actually have more, but so far, only 5 of the NO-WAR series is out

2019-10-04

Character Name Auraenys SUPPORTER
Main Character Dark Knight
Lv61
# 4

Nice. Very helpful.

2019-10-09

Character Name Dirthamen
Main Character Wizard
Lv61
# 5

Thank you Dirthamen! More guides up soon!

 

xoxo Aura

2019-10-09

Character Name Auraenys SUPPORTER
Main Character Dark Knight
Lv61
# 6

UPDATE: Sale is over however, GOLDEN HEDGEHOG is available as part of a package! Tear of the Golden Hedgehog Pack, ON SALE 480 Pearls. Limited item, only available until Oct 23, 2019!

 

xoxo Aura

2019-10-09

Character Name Auraenys SUPPORTER
Main Character Dark Knight
Lv61
# 7

UPDATE: The call-out group has been increased to 5 from 3. Post to be updated tonight.

 

xoxo Aura

2019-10-09

Character Name Auraenys SUPPORTER
Main Character Dark Knight
Lv61
# 8

Nice stuff.

A few things you can include:

Pet pickup speed on loot per level
Breeding exchange rates per tier
Maybe pictures of all the available pets (I know this may be a problem if you don't have the pets, maybe a few people can contribute with their pets)

2019-10-09

Character Name Velsath
Main Character Warrior
Lv62
# 9

Thank you for the feedback Velsath!

 

xoxo Aura

2019-10-10

Character Name Auraenys SUPPORTER
Main Character Dark Knight
Lv61
# 10

Guy's I'm open to your feedback and suggestions! Also, if you have quesions, please feel free to post them in the thread as well.

 

Thank you!

 

xoxo Aura

2019-10-11

Character Name Auraenys SUPPORTER
Main Character Dark Knight
Lv61
# 11

Has anyone bought the Golden Hedgehog yet? I want to see what it loosk like in-game!

 

DM me at Family: Aurafyre

 

xoxo Aura

2019-10-12

Character Name Auraenys SUPPORTER
Main Character Dark Knight
Lv61
# 12

Share screens with your pets please!

 

xoxo Aura

2019-10-14

Character Name Auraenys SUPPORTER
Main Character Dark Knight
Lv61
TOP