Fashion has the MET
Music, the Grammy's
Movies, the Oscar's
and Black Desert Online, The Heidel Ball
The day has finally arrived! And we can't just show up as our basic selves. So come and join me as I get ready for the event of the season.
The day before, there was no fishing, no processing, no guild quests, and definitely no grinding. A whole day spent relaxing in the Duvencrune steam baths and at home to ensure that I maximize the beauty rest.
First thing, I start the day with a fresh cup of Healthy Sute Tea, to make sure I'm energized with Life Exp +8% for the rest of the day (or for 110 mins).
Then a run of the Calpheon City Daily quests to get my blood flowing, really pack it in with Contribution points experience.
Lastly, a quick swim in the olympic sized Parliament Lake to wash away our filth (and hopefully the Kalis Parliament's as well), and finish off my morning routine prep.
Now that we are fresh and clean, it's time to go back home to start our proper Heidel Ball Preparations!
HAIR & MAKE UP
1. I make sure to tie my hair up so I can see everything that I put on my face.
2. With a clean face, I start with a moisturizing charcoal clay mask. I keep it on for 20 to 30 mins, depending on the weather, if the air is dryer, I keep it on longer.
3. After I moisturize, I start with foundation and concealer. For foundation, I'm using a darker shade to give me more color, and I use the concealer, to hide my freckles. I a foundation with an undertone that matches my complexion, I don't want to be walking around like I have a mask on.
4. Next step is the eye brows, I naturally have bushy brows but because of my hair color, it's very light, so I need to fill it in with a pencil, to make it pop, and a bit of brow gel on a spoolie, to make sure it stays in place.
5. After the brows, I do my eye make up. For tonight's look I'm going for a smokey eye. A smokey eye is layered, do not get a black shadow and make a mess on your eye area and make yourself look like a racoon. Instead, carefully apply the shadow on your inner lid, blending it outward evenly.
6. Then I start working on my eyeline. Again as this is a smokey eye look, I'm applying a dark pencil on my upper eye line, then with the same pencil, but this time working my way from the outer eye corner, slowly moving towards the middle, without going all the way to the inner eye corner.
7. For lashes, I have very whispy, thin lashes. So we need a little help with some falsies. First I curl my lashes then apply a black mascara, then I put the falsies and curl those too, after that I apply the same black mascara on the falsies for that glam look.
8. Next is a little contour, highlight and blush. I have an angular face so we don't want to make it more pronounced, instead I contour and highlight to make the angles softer. For the blush, I make sure to apply it under my cheekbones, working my way from the bottom up, for that wind tunnel look.
9. After that is the lips. As I'm sporting a heavy, smokey eye look, I don't want the lips to be clashing with the eye so I'll just use a nude pink lip. I put a small amount of liquid lip in the center, pucker up, then carefully blend it out for that natural, stained lip look.
10. Last but not least, is the setting spray. As the even will probably run for a few hours, I need to make sure that all of that make-up stays in place.
Now that we're done with the make up it's time for the next step of my preparation, and that is hair. Since we're going to a ball, I want a more formal yet simple and classic hairstyle.
1. First I make sure to brush all my hair to the side. Squeeze in a little hair gel, then I blow it out
2. I then tie it in a messy pony tail, leaving some hair on the sides of my face.
3. Hair spray, fix my bangs a little, and voila.
The last step in my prep is ofcourse, the dress. For the dress, I had a POLL last Thursday, since I couldn't decide what to wear. There were 5 options, and I narrowed it down to the top two. But the one I chose is the one with the most votes, and that was Dress C, which is the Snowflake Dress. I'm pairing this with the tiara from the Terrmine Outfit (Terrmine Helmet).
Now I'm finally ready! And just in time as my ride is here. Thank you all for joining me as I get ready for the Heidel ball!
*The Heidel Ball is an annual event where adventurers and developers from around the world meet each other. Check official event post for details.
Nice! Enjoy Heidal Ball!
Thank you MYK!
I did enjoy the ball, lots of people, I barely saw anyone I know.
Nonetheless, 'twas a blast.
nice transformation <3
Thank you Gelo! It was nice to meet you at the ball. I also saw you in Ameiko's photos.
Strikes quite a resemblance
Thank you LazyTtan! You're right.
Sorry, i made a big mistake and did injustice to you. Here is a more accurate picture. I hope you can accept my apology.
P.s. Heard you were looking for me. You can find me in the lifeskill group chat. Florin Neighbourhood
Nice Transformation <3
@Lazy, OMG, I thought something was missing, and I realized it was the hair! That totally completed the look. Thanks for the show of support!
@Raaj, thank you!