This is The MMORPG, Black Desert.
We’d like to announce the updates made to the Black Desert as of 2018 January 18th (Thursday).
During today’s maintenance, we made such updates as “New region Mediah, New Class Tamer, Increase Max Level from 55 to 58 (Patch volume approx. 389.26 MB)
For the details, please refer to the contents below.
● Let’s celebrate the official launch, We will hold the Event: A special benefit for new adventurers!
- Event Period : 18/01/18 after maintenance ~ before maintenance 18/02/08
- Complete five missions and receive Black Stones!
● Receive item reward Every day! We will hold the Event: Today’s Pick!
- Event Period : 18/01/18 after maintenance ~ 18/02/07 23:59 (GMT+8)
- Receive 100 loyalties, and special benefits every day.
● Enjoy the Black Desert with Friends, We will hold the Event: Let's Become a Guild!
- Event Period : until before maintenance 18/02/15
- Complete the mission and receive special gifts for all guild members.
● Let’s celebrate the opening of Mediah, We will hold the Event: Collect the Mediah Seals!
- Event Period : 18/01/19 00:00 (GMT+8) ~ before maintenance 18/02/01
- Log-in every day and receive 'Reward Bundle' by arranging Mediah Seals in your inventory
● System messages about the movements you can make while sitting down, lying down, walking, or floating in water have been added.
● You can now successfully dye female Serendian Soldier Suits again.
● Fixed the graphical glitch with Witch’s seventh hairstyle when using Beauty (F4)
● Fixed the graphical glitch with Ladellin Helmet and Bern Helmet that appeared if you customized Ranger’s forehead after equipping either Helmet.
● Basic AP at Lv. 60 has been increased by 6.
- The PvE damage has been increased as well.
- PvP damage has been decreased by approximately 1.44% in accordance with the basic AP increase.
● Added Krea weapon/sub-weapon and Grunil gears
- Can be made at the weapon/armor workshop in Mediah.
● Added Accessories of Sealed Magical Power
- Ring of Sealed Magical Power, Necklace of Sealed Magical Power, Earring of Sealed Magical Power
● Added new cooking recipes:
- Aloe Yogurt: +1 fishing speed for 30 mins (required Cooking Beginner Lv. 6)
[Hint: Milk x10, Aloe x10, Sugar x10, Leavening Agent x10]
- Thick Aloe Yogurt: +1 fishing speed for 45 mins (required Cooking Skilled Lv. 5)
[Hint: with Cooking Skilled Lv. 5 or higher, can be obtained this as low chance when making Aloe Yogurt]
- Aloe Cookie: +4 all Accuracy for 30 mins (required Cooking Beginner Lv. 6)
[Hint: Sugar (Raw Sugar) x10, Aloe x10, Wheat Dough x10, Cooking Honey x10]
- Sweet Aloe Cookie: +4 all Accuracy for 45 mins (required Cooking Skilled Lv. 5)
[Hint: with Cooking Skilled Lv. 5 or higher, can be obtained this as low chance when making Aloe Cookie]
- Borscht: +10 Max Energy for 60 mins (required Cooking Apprentice Lv. 1)
[Hint: Milk x10, Fragrant Jerky Current x10, Cinnamon x10, Mineral Water x10]
- Fragrant Borscht: +20 Max Energy for 75 mins (required Cooking Skilled Lv. 9)
[Hint: with Cooking Skilled Lv. 9 or higher, can be obtained this as low chance when making Borscht]
- Desert Dumpling: +200 Max Stamina for 60 mins (required Cooking Apprentice Lv. 1)
[Hint: Cinnamon x10, Lizard Mea x10, Wheat Dough x10, Olive Oil x10]
- Chewy Desert Dumpling: +200 Max Stamina for 75 mins (required Cooking Skilled Lv. 9)
[Hint: with Cooking Skilled Lv. 9 or higher, can be obtained this as low chance when making Desert Dumpling]
- Mediah Meal: +5 all AP, +1 Attack/Casting speed for 90 mins (required Cooking Skilled Lv. 6)
[Hint: Dark Pudding (Bloody Dark Pudding) x10, Lean Meat Salad x10, Oatmeal x10, Exotic Herbal Wine x10, Grilled Sausage x10]
- Special Mediah Meal: +5 all AP, +1 Attack/Casting speed for 110 mins (required Cooking Artisan Lv. 1)
[Hint: with Cooking Artisan Lv. 1 or higher, can be obtained this as low chance when making Mediah Meal]
● Fixed the description of Carrot item: (Endurance → Stamina)
● The following description has been added on Beginner’s Serendian Soldier Suit:
- The effects of this Costume cannot be stacked with the Outfit Slot Equip Effect.
● For every Node level raised by investing Energy, Item Drop Rate will be increased by 5% for 10% of the monsters you defeat.
- For example, if the Node level is 10, you will have a 50% higher Item Drop Rate from 10% of the monsters you defeat.
- By 10% of the monsters you defeat, we mean that if you defeat 10 monsters, the higher drop rate will be applied to one of the monsters.
- This will not affect Party drop items and junk items that always drop from monsters with 100% rate.
● Available PvP level has been changed to Lv. 50 or higher.
● Fixed the issue where the stone fired from Saunil Immobile Catapult would pause midair.
● Black Spirit’s appearance (Stages 1,2,3, and 6) have been changed to be more round and friendly.
● NPC's event clothes returned to original clothes.
● Fixed the graphical glitch where food you eat while mounted looked unnatural.
● Added a new class : Tamer
- Exciting action, Powerful attack, Master of Heilang, fight against strong enemies while riding on Heilang.
- Even if you don't summon Heilang, Tamer has been specialized in rapid evasion and agile movement.
Attack Type : Melee
Weapon : [Main Weapon] Short sword, [Sub-Weapon] Trinket
● Added new territory : Mediah
- Fallen Mediah, Occupation of barbarism. From the ability of Bareeds II...
- The introduction to new area and the capital , where new adventure starts, check out the GM notes.
● Added approximately forty new Nodes
● Added monster zone information in Mediah on the world map
- Abandoned Iron Mine
- Manes Hideout
- Wandering Rogue Den
- Elric Shrine
- Sausan Garrison
- Soldier's Grave
● Added weather type (Typhoon)
- Occasional storm will appear in some area, and the surrounding will be changed very dark.
● Added Party Elixir
- Can be obtained by processing with two potion and Aal’s Tear through simple Alchemy of processing tab (L).
- Can be used with set on inventory or shortcut, buff lasts 10-15 mins.
- After used, buff will be applied up to five party members.
- Cooldown : 1 min / shares cooldown time with the other Elixir.
● Added crafting material for making Party Elixir
- Can be purchased from each material vendor.
● Available to buy WP/SP potion from general goods vendor in each area.
● The maximum level has now been increased to Lv. 58!
● Increased combat EXP obtained from monsters by 14%.
● Increased combat EXP obtained from life activities by 66%.
● There will be a new point system that will increase Item Drop Rates depending on the Knowledge you have.
- For each Knowledge (Ecology), you will get 10 points for S-grade Knowledge, 5 points for A+, 2 points for A, and 1 point for B or lower.
- Having more points will mean a higher Item Drop Rate, and this higher rate will be applied when defeating any monster.
- You can check how many Knowledge (Ecology) points you have on the bottom of your Knowledge Window (H).
- The already existing system of having an advantage if you have a higher grade Knowledge of the specific type of monster you are fighting has not been changed.
- Party drop items and junk items that always drop from monsters will not be affected by how many Knowledge (Ecology) points you have.
|Total Points Applied Effect|
|500+ Point||Item Drop Rate +2%|
|1000+ Point||Item Drop Rate +3%|
|1500+ Point||Item Drop Rate +5%|
|2000+ Point||Item Drop Rate +7%|
|3000+ Point||Item Drop Rate +10%|
|4000+ Point||Item Drop Rate +12%|
|5000+ Point||Item Drop Rate +14%|
|6000+ Point||Item Drop Rate +16%|
|7000+ Point||Item Drop Rate +18%|
|8000+ Point||Item Drop Rate +20%|
※ Certain higher section points can be obtained only after new areas and contents are opened.
● An unnatural shadow when changing to Dye Window or Knowledge Window has been fixed
【QUEST & KNOWLEDGE】
● Added new quests in Mediah (Main/Sub/Repeatable)
● Added new categories for knowledge in Mediah
- [Character] People of Mediah
- [Character] Node Manager (Inland)
- [Topography] Mediah
- [Ecology] Ecology of Mediah
- [Adventure Journal] Mediah Journal
● In the Knowledge Window (H), detailed hints have been added for locked Knowledge entries which will appear if you hover your mouse over the Knowledge titles.
● The Knowledge Freharau’s Advice can be gained through dialogue with Alustin from Glish.
● Fixed the graphical glitch where if you entered the Pearl Shop with your non-Wizard character and previewed Wizard’s outfits, and you used the button to raised his hair and let it fall back down again, the hairstyle changed from young Wizard’s hair to old Wizard’s hair.
● If an item is currently out of stock at the Marketplace, the highest price will be automatically set for you if you register that same item there.
● An information window about the benefits of joining a guild pops up when an Adventurer without guild opens the Guild Window (G).
● Sound will no longer play during the opening logo animation.
● A cancel button has been added when collecting Gardens.
● An issue where a tooltip was not closed when directing to Knowledge Window from the Chat has been fixed.
● Added text explaining that you can press Q while in the water to toggle between resting and swimming states.
● A new window to check Knowledge Points and their effects on Knowledge Window has been added (hot key H).
● Introducing a new feature: The Settings Depository, where you can save and load personalized settings.
- Click Settings Depository in the bottom left of the Game Settings to upload and download settings.
- All settings on all characters, UI, skill slots will be saved.
- Your screen may be reloaded while downloading the settings.
● The guide videos you can access from the World Map will now be shown on a web format.
● Fixed the issue where 4K (or higher) screenshot did not function properly on certain computers.
● Fixed the issue of capital and small letter usage when searching at the Marketplace.
● Fixed the color differences between high quality screenshots and regular screenshots.
● Fixed the issue where a single resource was able to be gathered twice around Calpheon Castle.