This is The MMORPG, Black Desert.
These are the updates made to Black Desert on July 15, 2020.
(Patch size: approx. 588.45MB)
※ Please read below for details.
Event 1. The Crow’s Nest Awaits!
- July 15, 2020 (Wed) after maintenance – July 29, 2020 (Wed) before maintenance
【MAJOR UPDATES - Crow's Nest】
● Tranan Underfoe, the blacksmith of Velia, has a strange tale for you of an island somewhere in the Great Ocean. Many brave sailors have searched for the Crow's Nest, yet failed to return. That is if they were lucky enough to return at all. Now, you will have a chance to search for this misty island shrouded in mystery. Chase after that tale and you will get to meet the owner and founder of the Crow Merchants Guild, the "First Crow" and gaze upon a display of some of his most valued treasures in the Hall of Heroes. You will also be able to participate in the Pit of the Undying, a battle arena steeped in secrets.
● Added the questline [The Great Expedition] Crow's Nest. It is available once per family, for a character that is at least Lv. 56.
- You can check out the questline under the Suggested tab of the Quests window, which will direct you to accept the first quest from the Black Spirit.
- Added Crow Merchants Guild members to greet adventurers traveling the Great Ocean in search of Crow's Nest.
- Added a new category for Crow's Nest related knowledge to the Knowledge (H) window.
- Crow's Nest does not appear on the World Map, so you cannot use auto-navigation to guide you there.
- If you do not have the Crow's Invitation, you will not be able to access the Hall of Heroes deep in Crow's Nest and you will not be able to meet the owner of Crow's Nest, the "First Crow."
● Opened the Pit of the Undying, the First Crow's secret battle arena.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, we proudly present to you: Pit of the Undying."
When we were coming up with this content, many things were going through our minds. Many of you have asked for more suspenseful, tactic-based PvE content. However, we had many stumbling blocks for adding this. This is because many of our classes do not have clearly defined roles, our game is in an action-packed hack and slash playstyle, and this game is an MMORPG with an open world of variables. How could we add this kind of content without going against the direction we have been developing Black Desert Online so far? We also didn't want to distract from the fun of fighting bosses. Pit of the Undying is the result of all these considerations. We expect to add more diverse types of monsters to the pit of the Undying for you to challenge. We hope you enjoy this content and await your feedback.
- The Pit of the Undying is a battle arena created by the First Crow for fighters to face off against his carefully selected Crow's Warriors in seemingly endless rounds of battles for glory.
- As you succeed in the Pit of the Undying, you can collect Seal of the Undying items and get Undying Crow's Insignia of a higher grade.
- You will get your first Undying Crow's Insignia after completing the questline [The Great Expedition] Crow's Nest.
- As you get higher grade Undying Crow's Insignia, the more Seal of the Undying items you will get from the Pit of the Undying.
- Seal of the Undying is the key to the First Crow's exclusive Crow Shop, which is only available at the Crow's Nest.
※ This exclusive Crow Shop will be available after a later update.
※ If you die in the Pit of the Undying during the main Crow's Nest quests, do not forfeit the quest but interact with Chorpy if you want a rematch.
- Serendia and Calpheon Main Quest Reward Revamp, Including New "Naru" Gear】
● Added new "Naru" gear.
- You can get this new gear instead of certain gear that was given out as rewards for completing main quests in Serendia and Calpheon.
- Naru gear was designed for adventuring in Serendia, Calpheon, and Mediah. As you complete the main quests in these regions, you will be able to get the new Beginner Black Stones needed for enhancing this new gear.
- Because Naru gear was made for adventurers who are just starting out on their adventures, we have made them easier to enhance, with an even higher chance for success compared to Tuvala gear. You also need less Cron Stones for safe enhancement. In fact, you'll only need 3 for trying to enhance from TET to PEN! Therefore, be sure to give enhancing them a go!
- Season characters can go to Fughar the Crow Merchants Guild Chief Manager after completing the Mediah main quests to trade in your PEN Naru gear for PRI Tuvala gear, which should serve you better as you journey onward to new horizons.
- Added "Canon" and PRI "Tuvala" awakening weapons as rewards for completing Awakening/Talent/Ascension quests.
Although non-Season characters cannot open the box containing the PRI awakening weapon, they can still sell it to an NPC vendor.
● You can now use Heating in the Processing window (L) on certain items to get Beginner Black Stones.
Black Stone (Weapon) x3
Black Stone (Armor) x3
Black Stone (Weapon) x30 and Black Stone Powder x1
Black Stone (Armor) x30 and Black Stone Powder x1
Beginner Black Stone (Weapon) x1
Beginner Black Stone (Armor) x1
Beginner Black Stone (Weapon) x10
Beginner Black Stone (Armor) x10
【MAJOR UPDATES - 3 New Hairstyles for Female Classes】
● Added 3 new hairstyles for the female classes.
- We hope these new hairstyles and the ones we added last week inspires you to try out new customizations for your characters!
【MAJOR UPDATES - New Red Battlefield Effect】
● Added the Blessing of Fortitude effect, to help more adventurers enjoy the Red Battlefield.
- Once your HP is less than 50% of your max HP, this new effect will decrease the amount of damage you receive by at least 10%.
- Depending on what percentage of your max HP remains, the effect will increase up to Damage Reduction +50%.
- As your HP recovers, the Damage Reduction effect will adjust accordingly.
|Damage (As Percentage of Max HP)||Damage Reduction Rate|
|At least 50%||10%|
|At least 55%||15%|
|At least 60%||20%|
|At least 65%||25%|
|At least 70%||30%|
|At least 75%||35%|
|At least 80%||40%|
|At least 85%||45%|
|At least 90%||50%|
E.g. Your max HP is 5,000 but you have just been hit with an attack that will cost you 3,000 HP. In this case, only up to the damage that will cost you 2,500 HP will be full-force, and the rest of the damage will already be affected by the new Damage Reduction effect.
NEW & IMPROVEMENTS
Contents● Changed the Season2 server to a dedicated Arsha server for season characters.
|PRI Tuvala gear||16||10|
|DUO Tuvala gear||17||10|
|TRI Tuvala gear||18||10|
|TET Tuvala gear||19||15|
|PEN Tuvala gear||20||15|
● Evasion - You can no longer call for your mount while using the skill.
● Fixed the issue where the landing motion after falling from a certain height was slower compared to that of other classes.
● Black Spirit's Rage can now be used for Scalding Thorn, God Incinerator, and Cleansing Flame.
ITEM● Tapu of the Golden Troupe has left items for you to exchange for at Velia, because he felt some adventurers recently had trouble exchanging their Golden Troupe Coins.
- Igor Bartali, Chief of Velia, will now exchange any type of Golden Troupe Coin for certain items.
MONSTER● The dark energies of Belmorn grow stronger, corrupting monsters in Balenos, Serendia and Calpheon to become more ferocious.
● Improved the cannon projectiles so they don't clash with other ships when Vell, the Heart of the Ocean, is summoned.
● Improved auto-running on small ships and land mounts to automatically stop after a certain period of time if you get stuck in position while moving.
- Fishing Boat
- Epheria Cog
- All horse tiers including Dream Horses
- All wagons (including Forest Path Wagon)
- Miniature Elephant
- Guild Elephant
● Improved small ships (raft, rowboat, Epheria Cog) found through the Velia Wharf Manager to appear pointed in the direction easier to depart from.
● Fixed the issue where pressing the Shift key during Navigate would not transition to AutoRun after transforming with the "Gallant Conch Blader Transformation Scroll" obtainable from Papua Crinea island.
NPC, BACKGROUND, SOUND● Fixed the collision animation with Purajin, Material Vendor of Valencia, to appear more natural.
QUEST & KNOWLEDGE
● Added regional quests to certain monster zones.
- As a season character, defeating 250 monsters in the following monster zones will reward you a certain amount of EXP and Time-filled Black Stone x20: Gahaz Bandits, Crescent Shrine, Cadry Ruins, and Desert Naga Temple.
- These quests will be automatically accepted if you enter the monster zone with a Lv. 56–57 character.
- Non-season characters will only gain EXP from completing these quests.
● Having heard of the your travels and fame, Sahazad Nesser has announced that he will bestow the Blessing of the Royal Nesser Family upon all adventurers within the Valencian continent to aid you in your growth.
- You will now obtain a large amount of Combat EXP from completing "[Lv.55 Valencia] Eastern Sands Kingdom Story" and "[Lv.56 Valencia II] Treasure of Valencia".
- Completing the Main Quests and normal quests will provide a faster leveling experience.
● By royal decree of the Royal Nesser Family, and in response to the increasing number of travelers to Valencia Castle, Yonal's workers have been deployed to aid adventurers in Cokro Chamber beneath the castle.
- Yonal's workers will be holding up torches to light the way to easily reach Cokro Chamber.
- If Valencia Castle's gates are closed, we made improvements so you can enter Cokro Chamber via another cave entrance.
- You can now use Navigate within the Cokro Chamber, and it is easier to discover the special artifacts.
- With the addition of new quests to improve the investigation questline beneath Valencia Castle, we've changed the descriptions in the Quest (O) window and quest summaries.
※ To prevent any confusion for adventurers who've already completed the previous quests, anyone who completes the new quests will have them removed from their Quest window.
● Changed [Lv.55 Valencia] Eastern Sands Kingdom Story to require Lv. 56 or higher.
- We recommend players to unlock Awakening, Talent or Ascension before challenging the daunting desert of the Valencian continent.
● Added the [Valencia] tag to the quest titles of all Valencia Main Quests.
● Removed Magical Armor and Magical Sub-weapon Boxes from Main Quest rewards, as well as the following quests from Becker and Bacho Ladericcio.
- [Repeat] Bacho Ladericcio's Magical Armor
- [Repeat] Becker and the Magical Sub-weapon
- You will still be able to obtain Roaring Magical Armor from completing the Mediah Main Quest "[Boss] Illezra's Servant".
● Changed the quest "Magical Sub-weapon Exchange I" to only appear if you have a Dim Magical Sub-weapon in your possession, and the prerequisite quest "Cleansing the Lava Cave" has been removed.
● Changed the quest "Magic Armor Exchange I" to only appear if you have a Dim Magical Armor in your possession.
● Added a 3 minute Footsteps of Wind buff during the quest "The Story of the Hero Borne Upon the Winds" to aid in traveling from Keplan to Calpheon.
● The following Calpheon Main Quests has greatly increased its Combat EXP reward.
- [Boss] Witch-Hunting
- The Ritual
● Changed the quest "A Dragon Born from the Stream" to be completed in Calpheon Market instead of Epheria Port.
● Added the quest rewards for completing the quest "Seal of the Secret Guards":
- Shabby Leather Saddle x1
- High-Quality Carrot x10
● Fixed Navigate to now guide adventurers to the Khuruto Cave entrance during the quest "Blooming Death".
● The Stonetail Horse Ranch Equestrian Federation have raised a gravestone to honor the memory of Vera Arey, the Grand Prix Champion who passed away at a young age.
- Gula now offers the quest [Repeat] Remembering the Grand Prix Champion.
- Added the "Spring Breeze of the PLains" knowledge to Mediah Adventure Journal I.
● Added Polished Gemstone Bundle to "The Groundwork for Friendship" quest reward.
● Added the text "If you lose the Polished Gemstone Bundle, talk to Dora Fonti to receive another" to the quest summary for "A Clever Method".
● Fixed the descriptions on how to learn about "Queekity Thumpity Moon Village" and "Berdao's Plan".
● Changed the quest summary and dialogue for the [Blackstar Armor] Specter's Energy quest.
● Changed the quest summary for [Daily] Young Shepherd.
● Changed the quest objectives for the following:
- So Tiresome
- Problem at Border Farm
● Changed the quest [Co-op] Exposing the Serendia Shrine Gang to [Daily] Exposing the Serendia Shrine Gang.
● Increased the width of the Black Spirit Pass window.
● Adjusted the Black Spirit Pass window to open each time your Season Character completes a Season Challenge.
● Fixed the Skill Cooldown Slot settings window in the Skill (K) window to apply the alignment and font set via the Skill Cooldown settings.
● Improved the Skill Cooldown Slot settings window in the Skill (K) window to auto-refresh after setting a new Skill Cooldown.
● Fixed the issue of other class' effects appearing in the Skill Demo window.
● Fixed the issue of skills with names and descriptions longer than 2 lines overlapping in the Skill (K) window.
● Fixed the issue of the lock icon appearing when increasing a skill's level after having locked a skill in the Skill (K) window.
● Improved the Skill (K) window to only hide the Skill Demo screen and not the entire skill window when "Hide UI When Attacked" has been turned OFF in the Skill (K) window.
● Fixed the issue of being unable to move or input commands after talking with NPCs with the Skill Demo screen open in the Skill (K) window.
● Fixed the issue where certain Skill Add-ons appeared as learnable when they shouldn't be in the Skill (K) window.
● Fixed the vertical alignment of lengthy skill names to appear more natural in their tooltips in the Skill (K) window.
● Fixed the issue where the sound effects of summoned creatures wouldn't play in the Skill (K) window.
● Fixed the issue where the item description that appeared after clicking a linked item in chat wouldn't close after opening the Skill (K) window.
● Added tooltips for the Black Spirit Pass and Black Spirit's Safe banners that appear in the Season Character's Inventory window.
● Fixed the location of the stamp that appears after completing a Season Challenge.
● Changed the Season Challenge icons to include descriptions on the rewards obtainable when completing all challenges.
● Fixed the issue of the Caphras Enhancement notification popping up after successfully enhancing an accessory to PEN (V).
● Fixed the text bubbles for pet skills to no longer display unnecessary information.
● Fixed the issue of the Quest window's location to appear unnatural when opening the window after having summoned the Black Spirit and checked the quest tab with the least amount of quests listed.
● Changed the Black Spirit icon on the lower right-hand corner of the screen to appear highlighted right after ending a conversation with the Black Spirit.
● Added an extra confirmation window to appear upon clicking the Exit Game button from the game start menu.
● Fixed the issue where your mount's skill information window will no longer remain open after pressing ESC to close the Horse Market window when checking your mount's skills with the Horse Market from the World Map.
● Fixed the issue of being unable to scroll through the description text of challenges.
● You can now double-click over Crossroad quests to select them.
● Changed the hotkey B to be used for both the Letter (B) window and the Black Spirit's Safe. Use the button on the lower right-hand corner of the menu to return to the previous setting.
● Changed the warning notification when enhancing gear PRI (I) and higher to only appear when the Enhancement Chance is at 0 and the success rate is 30% or lower.
● Fixed the issue of the guild house bid list displaying incorrect number of bids when reopening the My Bid List with 4 or more items bid on in the Guild Auction House.
● Improved shorter chat group descriptions to appear as text bubbles.
Changes and Fixes
● Changed the tagging rules for certain products in the Pearl Shop (F3).
● Fixed the issue where players would become stuck and unable to move in certain regions of Rhua Tree Stub.
● Fixed the issue where you would see an error message alerting you that you couldn't make a Trial Character with the selected class. - Last modified : 7/28 09/44
● Fixed the issue where you couldn't catch Scorpion Fish from Olvia, Epheria Sea.
● Fixed the issue where certain effects were blinking irregularly.
● Fixed the graphical issue with the branches of trees at Rhua Tree Stub.
● Fixed the issue where it was possible to walk through tree roots at a certain area in Southern Kamasylvia.
● Fixed the issue where the Emergency Supply amount would appear irregularly when attempting Emergency Supply while on a boat with equipment that increases Max Rations.
We hope you enjoy your time in Black Desert,