First of all, we want to thank you for your continued support of Black Desert.
On September 18th at 10:00 (GMT+8), we launched Black Desert SEA on Steam so more Adventurers to experience the world of Black Desert.
Thus, we’ve prepared this FAQ for your possible questions regarding the Steam launch of Black Desert SEA.
- Q. Are the servers for the Steam launch of Black Desert SEA different from the current Black Desert servers?
- A. No, you will play on the same servers as the current Black Desert SEA, even if you play Black Desert through Steam.
- Q. Are there region restrictions when connecting to Black Desert SEA through Steam?
- A. Yes, you can only access Black Desert from the SEA service region connecting through Steam.
- Q. Are there any differences using the official website versus using Steam?
- A. No, there are no differences; Steam is just another way to access Black Desert SEA.
- Q. Can I participate in the existing Black Desert service’s various events from the Black Desert SEA launched on Steam?
- A. Yes, as the events for the existing services are on the same servers, the participation requirements and methods are the same.
- Q. Can I access the service of all regions after purchasing a package from Steam?
- A. No, you can only play on the Black Desert SEA server when purchasing a Black Desert Steam package from the SEA region.
- Q. Can I link my existing account with my Steam account?
- A. No, we do not provide a service to link your existing account to a Steam account.
As always, we will do our best to provide the best service and stable gameplay for our Adventurers.
[Notice] Game Restriction for Accounts Violating the Operational Policy (2019.09.19) Accounts Restricted on September 19, 2019 2019-09-19
[Notice] [Resolved] Unable to Access Game Issue Last updated: 9/18 11:02 2019-09-18
[Notice] Steam Launch for Black Desert SEA 2019-09-18
[Notice] [Completed] September 18, 2019 Payment Page Maintenance 2019-09-16