I am on my 42nd day now. I thank you those that have helped me be a better support. Still trying to be better....... and thank you those who allowed me to assist (4th November 2019)
There are no guidance on being one by BDO SEA. Correct me if I am wrong, we are the only ones having such an event.
I am a returner, came back for the Shai Class.
Never had a lvl 58 before this, made 4 lvl 61s (boss alts) with a guide by our Officer Overseer of <QUEZACOTL>. I hate grinding.
Never did SMH before. Made a Sailboat with Blue gears. Yes, dive for lobsters (got the heating mastery done) a first for me. Dont like SMH though.
So I was surprised to be chosen as top 100 Supporter.
Plan was just to make the game with less hatred and assist new friends to learn the game as I did.
Not sure what to expect from BDO, I did what I been doing mostly.
- Helped new guildies with quests questions
- Guide people to Nouver
- Took new guildies around the Valencia Desert
- Show new players World Bosses Locations.
- TELLING players how to set WB Notifications(OLD UI was easier)
- Took new guildies to VELL
Week ended with me meeting a few other SUPPORTERS for the very first time. SUPPORTER GATHERING by AURAFYRE
Requested for my guild <QUEZACOTL> to accept New players without requirements. Thanks to the our GM support it was approved.
- Seek Officer approval to post his 60-61 SPEED Leveling Guide on forums
- Made sure 13 guildies recruited stayed n got their needs answered (Never done the Cliff weapons quest, glad to have a returning Guildie answer them)
- Tried supporting server chats for the 1st time
- Did nothing but fishing while answering Server chat questions! Only killed stuffs at midnight.
- Suggested some support for the supporter event on forums
Week Three and Four
REPEATED all the stuffs over and over again
Just to show everyone, its just like a GRIND we do daily in game. Nothing special.
But because the other party isn't an NPC
I get my reward sometimes when there are simple words of appreciations, especially players from Philipines!
Frustrations sometimes as I can't solve their issues.
No, I dont get a thank you most of the time.
Yes, its tiring as I dont know if what I was doing was CORRECT.
There's no assurance from BDO Support.
I get no ok or wrong advice from BDO Support.
So I took my guildies advancement as a yardstick.
Things I wish can be better, GM:
- We have a BETTER trash talk, cyber bullying, racism and religious trolling reporting system.
- No system to stop SPAMS. Energy decrease does nothing to players with 250 above energy n 15 chars.
new players learn early they can get away and they do.
- TROLL Baits using Political spams to bait others into angry debates, causing the server chats to be filled with spams n hatred. These TROLLs get feed daily and nothing is done.
- Let SUPPORTERS run an out of Game DISCORD channel. May a FEW GM's join in to guide us. OR just make an OFFICIAL BDO SEA Discord like NA.
Well, thats it.
I thank my fellow SUPPORTERS for the continued players SUPPORT.
Hope we get some Support from the game one day.
Thank you, My Guild <QUEZACOTL>
I understand where you're coming from but you need to also understand that a supported has a limitation.
A supporter should not interact with the players on:
> How to play the game.
> How they will interact with other players.
> How they will play the game.
> How they interact with Chats in game. (be it politics or religious topics)
> Spoon Feed players. Let them have their own way of playing the game.
There are more but these are the basics of basics.
Racism IS tolerated in SEA. Sad but true.
Yes, I once reported that but guess how the support reacted/replied to my ticket?
"Just block that player." period.
Im not playing as the victim here but I think you know how toxic the community is.
As for discord, I doubt that.
A supporter should never have that power. Its to prevent power abuse and players thinking that Supporters are special.
Ive been working in gaming community and manages community such as this for a decade now (community manager on other games).
And Ive seen worst.
And based on my experiences, what you've posted are good but implementation and follow through after implemented is very hard.
As for spamming, hey, apparently spamming the forum counts as active so why not? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
P.S: A GM also has limited power when it comes to interacting with players.
They are not allowed to interact with players outside of events.
This is not private server as GM can freely do whatever they want.
P.P.S: If they want something to change, start at this horrible forum.
P.P.P.S: In Taiwan, a GM was punished due to him interact with Marketplace in game. He's salary was cut by 30% (if I remember). Think about that.
with good ppl like you, slowly and hopefully we can move forward one step at a time!
I am your follower too, @Jarette!
Appreciate the support!
Ofcourse you can bring her. Bring anyone you want. Bring Jarette too. @Jarette, we starting to feel like you don't like us, you never join our in-game meets. Join us this Saturday if you can please! :)
Congratulations to us @Aura and @Toffee!
Sorry for being late, I'm currently writing my 30 days as a supporter but when I clicked on the post button, it says that the post contains words I cannot use. But.., I can't identify what those words are so... yeah... I won't be able to post mine yet. hahaha.