This is The MMORPG, Black Desert.
Have you experienced problems with downloading and installing the Black Desert patch?
We have some helpful suggestions for you below!
■ ‘Failed to apply the patch’ message pops up and I can’t continue with the patch.
Sometimes when updating the launcher, the updated files can be damaged while they are downloading due to unstable network latency issues.
In these cases, you can use the ‘Check File’ button on the launcher in order to download and repair the damaged files, which will resolve the problem.
■ When I start the launcher the loading stops at 1%.
· While it might look as if the launcher has stopped, it is in fact is in the middle of installing the compressed files that were downloaded
· Due to PC specifications or network conditions, it is possible that your internet speeds are slow enough that it looks like the patch has stopped working. If that is the case, we recommend that you try waiting a while longer
· If you have tried the above but the patch still does not update, please contact our Customer Support. When you do, please make sure to attach the Update.log file which should be found in the game folder along with a screenshot of the info displayed in the following link: https://check-ldns.pearlcdn.io/
■ I get a “Failed to download” message and the patch is not progressing.
· If you have a problem with the patch, please try following steps:
1. Change DNS settings
· Self Check:
o Check the settings of obtaining DNS server address:
o Press Windows Key + R > insert ‘ncpa.cpl’ and press Enter
o Right click on the adapter and choose Status
o Go to “Properties” > Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/ipv4)
o Check if “Obtain DNS server address automatically” option is selected
· If all the settings from Self Check are correct:
o Go to http://cmkdf2wyt-52-192-98-212.dns.pearlcdn.io/ and check your information (IP, DNS, Location)
o Go to http://www.nperf.com/en/ and perform internet speed test. Click Server selection and select the country next to yours
o Start the test
o Share test results
o Copy the results and send them to us via Customer Support ticket
2. Other Methods
1) Delete the ‘patcher_version’ & ‘patcher_files version’ files from the game’s main folder
2) Reset your modem
3) Make sure the program is whitelisted in your anti-virus software
- If you have tried the above but the patch still does not update, please contact our Customer Support. When you do, please make sure to attach the Update.log file which should be found in the game folder along with a screenshot of the info displayed in the following link: https://check-ldns.pearlcdn.io/
■ I’m trying to install the patch again after closing a previous session, but it starts from 0%.
- This is not an error. The launcher is checking previously installed files and cleaning up the remaining files. The total download file size will have decreased.
■ I get the “Failed to call launcher information’ error message.
- If you get the ‘Failed to call launcher information’ message, please try to reinstall with a new install file, or perform a ‘File Check’ in the launcher and try reloading.
If your problem was not resolved despite trying the above methods, please check our FAQ section for further details or submit an inquiry to our Customer Support via the following links:
· Please check the “Error/Bug” category.
· Please select the “Install and Run” category and provide a description of your problem along with your account information.
· If you are seeing other types of error messages, please make sure to attach a screenshot.
Please rest assured that we are doing our best to provide you with a stable, high-quality service.
Thank you for all your support.